2019 Fully Funded to Travel to Brazil: Apply to attend the Youth Ag Summit in Brasilia
Apply to attend the Youth Ag Summit in Brasilia
Deadline: January 10, 2019
Are you aged 18-25* and passionate about food security? Would you like an all-expenses paid trip to Brazil and the chance to learn from some of the world’s leading agricultural experts? Do you have an idea that could help achieve Zero Hunger? Apply to attend the Youth Ag Summit taking place in Brasilia, Brazil from November 4 to 6, 2019!
The Youth Ag Summit is a global forum where young leaders can collaborate to develop sustainable solutions for food security and global agriculture, and work towards becoming global instruments of change. The Summit is organized by Bayer.
The Summit is part of the Bayer Agricultural Education Program: a holistic, long-term approach to encourage young people aged 18 to 28 to learn about sustainable agriculture. The program aims to inspire the next generation to find solutions to global food security.
The Youth Ag Summit is a unique opportunity to connect and empower the next generation of agricultural change-makers. Every two years, we bring together 100 global young leaders aged 18 to 25, for networking, debates, skills training, and project development. The end goal? To equip young people to take concrete action on one of humanity’s most pressing problems: how to feed a hungry planet.
To apply, eligible candidates will need to submit an idea for a ‘Thrive for Change’ project which addresses food security in the context of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Applicants are encouraged to think about how they can “plant a path” for youth to be change-makers in implementing the SDGs, and work towards food security in ways both big and small.
The Summit will function as an idea incubator: helping delegates work together to turn the ideas with the most potential into reality, and equipping them with the skills needed to deliver on their projects once the Summit concludes.
The delegates will also participate in industry tours, hear from expert speakers, and pledge action on “3 Little Things” to improve food security – one of the most concrete outcomes from previous Summits. You can find out how previous delegates have been progressing with their #3LittleThings below.
The Youth Ag Summit theme is Feeding a Hungry Planet.
The world’s population is expected to reach almost 10 billion by 2050. To feed everyone, we need to produce 50% more food with less land and fewer resources. Cutting-edge farming practices can help, but many people are wary and misinformed when it comes to modern agriculture. We need to bridge the disconnect between those who produce our food and those who consume it.
Apply to be one of 100 young Ag entrepreneurs invited to join the for the 4th Youth Ag Summit in Brazil.
The costs for attending the Summit are covered by the Youth Ag Summit organizers. These include: flights, transportation, accommodation, and catering during the event. Any other travel costs unrelated to Youth Ag Summit activities will not be covered by the organizers.
- Open to young people aged 18 to 25 with a passion for agriculture, food security, environmental stewardship, world hunger, biotechnology, farming, or animal husbandry
- Applicants do not have to be farmers – previous Summit participants have included lawyers, doctors, teachers, and business management students!
- They welcome applications from current students, as well as young people already working in a relevant field, who would like to plant a path towards ending hunger and global food insecurity.
- They are looking for people who are engaged with the Sustainable Development Goals, ready to share their views on how to feed a hungry planet, and passionate about making a difference.
You will need to share the following information as part of the application process, so please keep to hand:
- Your contact details and personal information
- A high-quality portrait picture (this doesn’t need to be formal)
- A 3-minute video explaining why we should choose you! Please upload this as a private video to YouTube and share the private link with us in Part 4 of the application.
For more information, visit Youth Ag Summit.