France Libertés – Danielle Mitterrand Foundation: Call for Proposals on Water and Climate
In this call, they focus on the interrelations between water and climate and taking into account their links, in order to integrate the protection of this natural resource in the fight against global warming. The links between Water and Climate have been regularly demonstrated and highlighted, the disruption of one or the other modifying the distribution of water on Earth.
The aim of this call for proposals is to learn from these projects, both on the threats to the water cycle caused by human activities and on the actions taken to protect the balance of this cycle in the fight against climate change.
Fields of Action
- Awareness raising, information, advocacy, capacity building, legal work, research, field activities and initiatives, or the establishment / strengthening of management systems, governance, way of life and habitat, for the preservation of the water resource and its access.
- Whatever the types of activities that the submitted project provides, the actions must include the existing relationships between water and climate. Support will not be given to projects that are purely scientific or technical, nor purely ecological or environmental. The human being must be at the center of the project (based, for example, on notions of environmental justice, of environmental inequalities, dealing with the dispossession or repossession of populations’ natural resources etc.).
- Projects centered on making a film or documentary and then broadcasting it will not be considered. Films or documentaries can however be a minor part of a much wider project.
- The grant requested should be between 8000 € and 12000 €.
- The grant will not exceed 80% of total costs of the estimated project budget.
Eligible Geographic Area: no restrictions (France included).
Project Period: between 6 and 18 months.
- participate in the protection and preservation of the local water cycle
- promote and implement practices and alternatives that respect our environment, natural resources and integrated into the local water cycle;
- promote a right of access to water, participatory, democratic, transparent and sustainable water use and management and its common good character;
- defend the management and sustainable use of natural resources;
- encourage consideration of social aspects, including the possibility of everyone choosing their place of residence including decent standards, and environmental in the political and economic choices of development.
Expected Methodological Project Characteristics
- meet the needs and aspirations expressed by concerned local populations;
- ensure direct involvement of local populations in project definition and undertaking;
- be adapted to the local and national context;
- be feasible (their programme and schedule should be consistent with the organisation’s financial capacity and available human resources and with local capacity for project management);
- Include an evaluation process and intend to build upon and use its results.
- Include audio-visual materials
- Any non-profit making organisations (organised local communities, associations, representative structures, NGOs, universities, research institutes, trade unions…)
- They give priority to proposals directly from peoples themselves or organizations working directly with them.
- Applicants must be in charge of undertaking the projects and not be simple intermediaries.
How to Apply
- In order for applicant’s application to be considered, please provide the following documents:
- Filled-in application form. This should not exceed 15 pages length (Times New Roman 12pt or Calibri/Arial 11pt), not including appendices ;
- Additional documents attached (see the full list in the application form).
- Forms may be filled in using English, French or Spanish.
- All these documents should be sent by e-mail at the address given on the website.
- The « object line » of the e-mail should be composed as follows: name of the organization – application – n° (the number will be added if many sending are necessary to apply because of the appendices for example).
For more information, please visit Water and Climate.
Deadline: 26 October 2018