Harvard GSD Wheelwright Prize International Competition 2019 for early-career Architects ( $100,000 Travelling Fellowship)
Application Deadline: January 27th 2019
The Harvard Graduate School of Design (GSD) is pleased to announce the 2019 cycle of the Wheelwright Prize, an open international competition that awards 100,000 USD to a talented early-career architect to support travel-based research.
- The Wheelwright Prize is open to emerging architects practicing anywhere in the world. The primary eligibility requirement is that applicants must have received a degree from a professionally accredited architecture program in the past 15 years.
- An affiliation to the GSD is not required. Applicants are asked to submit a portfolio, a research proposal, and a travel itinerary that takes them outside their country of residence.
- Finalists will be asked to travel to the GSD for finalist presentations on March 14, 2019.
The winner will be selected via an open call for proposals and a rigorous review process. The winner of the Wheelwright Prize will receive:
- $100,000 cash prize to support travel and research-related costs
- invitation to lecture at Harvard GSD
- possibility to publish research in a Harvard GSD publication
- Applicants will be judged on the quality of their design work, scholarly accomplishments, originality or persuasiveness of the research proposal, and evidence of ability to fulfill the proposed project.
- Applications are accepted online only, at wheelwrightprize.org.
- Finalists must be available to travel to Cambridge, Massachusetts, for finalist presentations on March 14, 2019, at the GSD. A winner will be named in spring 2019.
For information regarding Wheelwright Prize application
and administration, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
For More Information: