Mauritius Research Council: Seeking Proposals for Pole of Innovation Grant Scheme
The Mauritius Research Council (MRC) operating under the aegis of the Ministry of Technology, Communication and Innovation is currently inviting applicants to submit proposals under the Pole of Innovation Grant Scheme that aims to enhance the impact of Research and Innovation on the economic development of the Republic of Mauritius by promoting creation of innovative products/ services and goods and spurring innovation through advanced research and partnerships among local institutions and/or companies and/or international stakeholders.
The objective of the Pole will be to contribute towards the development of innovative products, processes, and/or techniques for commercial competitiveness and sustainability of enterprises.
An indicative list of priority areas for potential proposals is as follows:
- Renewable Energy
- Ocean/Marine Technology, Resources and Services
- ICT/BPO/Telecommunications (including High Performance Computing and Cloud Computing)
- Life Sciences (including Health, Medical, Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology)
- Manufacturing and Food Processing
- Social Sciences
- Sustainable Tourism
- The maximum grant allocated to successful applicants is Rs 9M per pole, with an annual maximum ceiling of Rs 3M, for a duration of 36 months.
- The applicant will have to match, both In Cash and In Kind, the funding requested from the MRC.
- Applicants can be local academic and research institutions/ organisations, both from public and private sectors.
- Academic institutions need to be recognised/accredited tertiary education institutions or polytechniques.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their proposals at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Pole of Innovation Grant Scheme.