Submit Applications for Palliative Care Development in Africa’s Small Grants Programme!
Deadline: 1 March 2019
Applications and approved grants are administered by the African Palliative Care Association. Funding is primarily for one-off projects, with a duration of no more than one year.
The size of grants ranges from £500- £5,000.
Trustees favour support for items which directly improve the patient experience and the standard of palliative care services for people of all ages. Priority is given to the following, in no particular order:
- Training courses for palliative care service providers held in Africa (applicants must supply a curriculum / outline of the topics covered, and supply the name of the accrediting body. Funds will be released on receiving the letter of acceptance for the training institution)
- Equipment for patients (e.g. beds, wheelchairs). For equipment they will require at least three quotes attached to the application, with the preferred quote indicated and reasons why.
- Projects supporting paediatric palliative care services (this could include purchasing toys, integrating paediatric services into an existing programme, developing materials for advocacy, etc.).
- Capital improvement costs (such as refurbishing buildings to improve the patient experience, buying furniture, etc.)
- Developing small palliative care projects (integrating palliative care components in existing health care services, adapting palliative care models, quality improvement activities e.g Palliative Care standards, developing materials, etc.) and helping health care providers to establish new palliative care projects where none currently exist.
- Increasing access to palliative care in rural areas.
Only registered hospices and/or palliative care providers in any setting of care can apply.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form via given website.
Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit Small Grants Programme.